1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Netflix queue, both DVD and instant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jan 28, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I have 265 in the Que, 72 in Instant and 19 in Saved...a lot of the 265 is TV shows though, so that is 8-10 DVDs per show.

I have made it through all of Scrubs, Doogie Howser, Skins and currently working on Quantum Leap. Why pay 40-50 bucks on a DVD set of TV shows when you can get them for free.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The streaming TV selection is a lot better than the movie stuff right now. Studios and HBO are still blocking the streaming rights for a lot of flicks so don't blame Netflix too much. They're trying to get more.

Also, watch Season 1 of Veronica Mars. Thank me later.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Catching up on the last few seasons of Entourage. The Wire -- which amazingly, I've never watched -- is next on the docket.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I bought it on DVD after watching the first disc at a friend's house. The first season is amazing and you'll NEVER guess who the murderer is. The second season takes a serious dip and I've never quite made it through the third season.

In my Instant Queue is Monty Python's Flying Circus and Fawlty Towers (I don't get BBC America anymore. *kicks cable company*) Also, if you haven't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, it's on instant watch as well.

In my DVD queue, I have Pirate Radio (coming today!), Whip It, Cabaret, Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday, The Social Network, Despicable Me and How To Steal a Million. (I'm working my way through a bunch of classic movies that I never have had a chance to see.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Unfortunately, they don't have that on instant yet, I don't believe (probably because it's an HBO show).

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I have 37 in the queue, but only 3 of them are available on instant. That's why I won't change over to the all streaming plan.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't watch a lot of movies, so just about everything is fair game. Just renewed my Netflix. Any suggestions? Or in other words, what are the best few movies you've seen in the last few years?

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I keep way too many in the queue, but that's mostly because I stick a lot of foreign films in there that I would forget about, or forget their names, if I didn't have them stashed.

Keep trying to convince a friend of mine that it is pronounced "Kue." He drives me nuts calling it "Kway." What's up with that?

9. Is your friend Stewie Griffin?

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I have 140 items in my instant queue. Dropped down to streaming only plan right now. A lot more movies are popping up on streaming. I use Instant Watcher to see what's coming soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted