1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Netflix queue, both DVD and instant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jan 28, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Watching a lot of movies these days. My Netflix queue hovers around 100.

How about yours? I wondered if that was above or below the norm.

Tell me I'm not the only one who adds movies/TV shows that aren't out yet. I've got the latest season of "Mad Men" in there along with "The King's Speech."

I'm really disappointed in the selection for the "on demand" movies. I don't know how much more a month it is to get the subscription to a BluRay or Wii, but so far, I just haven't been able to find any good ones to add to the instant queue. Is that even worth it?

Oh, and "Babel" still sucks. Thought it might be better since I've lived in Morocco, but no. It's a horrible movie that's about 45 minutes too long.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

My DVD queue is empty, mainly because I don't put movies in queue until they're actually released and because there's not much out right now I want to watch.

The instant streaming selection is shit right now. And the new arrivals haven't been updated in what seems like months. I read, though, that Netflix is beefing up instant streaming and cutting back on DVDs.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I usually have about 30 in the queu. Even at that length, it's too long. I'm always reshuffling the order based on what we feel like watching on a given week.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I got AppleTV recently.

It's great, but I can't find much on Netflix I want to watch. I see so few movies, that I figured there would be a ton to watch.

Please recommend anything good I can stream instantly.

I have been watching 30 Rock, which I had never seen, and think it's brilliant.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I finally got turned onto Parks and Rec, and the first two seasons are on instant.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I recently cut back to the streaming only for $7.99 a month and I'm using it mostly for TV shows. Currently watching Rescue Me.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love that show, and it's a great one to watch this way because nearly every episode ends with a cliffhanger of some sort.

You just want to sit at home and set up your own marathon.

I'll probably check out Parks & Rec next. I've never watched it either.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I have both DVD and Instant selections. I still have the DVD option, mainly because the instant selection isn't great yet.

I have mostly TV shows or some classic movies on the instant que.

For those King of the Hill fans, Netflix has the remaining seasons 7-12 available on instant. They have only released the first six seasons on DVD.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cannibal Holocaust is not available on instant, just FYI.

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

The Mrs. and I get to watch maybe one movie a week - usually one every two weeks - and for some reason I've stashed over 100 titles in my queue. I'm a queue addict.

And since we don't get to go to the movies very often, I'm always stashing recently released flicks in the save file.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A lot of goofy documentaries lately. The other night we watched one on the primitive ancestor of hip hop.

[​IMG]

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117936552?refcatid=31

12. maberger

maberger Member

146 in the queue, and 5 more in the saved file.
    at home have 'kick ass,' 'scott pilgrim versus the world,' and 'taking chance.'

Draft saved Draft deleted