1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most hated bands/groups

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Photograph was good and stands the test of time.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Photograph was excellent. Crap like Rocket was not.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Foolin, Pour Some Sugar on Me also good.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Hysteria when you're near.

5. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

There aren't many bands/groups/performers I truly despise. But I've never much cared for the Bee Gees and REO Speedwagon, probably because they were crammed down my throat back in college.

I'll agree with the assessments I've seen of Beyonce and the B-52s.

Also dislike Robin Thicke (although I'm sorry he recently lost his father). Not talented and, by most accounts, not a good person.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Beyonce's Crazy in Love will be great in 50 years ... well, mostly the hook, but it's a great hook.

The B-52s' Rock Lobster (and a few other songs) will be great in 50 years.

Robin Fucking Thicke? Does ANYbody like him?

7. cjericho

Guess the good thing is now it's easier to avoid the Robin Thickes. Remember the days when it was only radio and even big markets there were maybe two rock stations and two of three top 40 stations.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The pre -disco Bee Gees had some very good songs -- Words, Massachusetts and Lonely Days among them

9. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

I'll go along with that -- it was only when they got into disco that the insufferability factor went off the charts.

Regarding Buffett: Granted, there aren't a lot of native South Floridians -- practically everyone here is from someplace else -- but among those I know, I can count the number of Buffett fans on one hand.

cranberry likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I can see that. For me, he's always occupied his own tiny niche as a phenomenal tiki bar musician. It would be a fun performance as long as you're within 150 feet of the stage.

11. cjericho

Lawn seats are the best at most Buffett concerts. Even though he's been a Floridian for a while, he was born and raised in Miss.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I loved Def Leppard in the '80s, but the Hysteria album was the dividing line for me. The album itself was good overall, but they had some tunes (Title track, Animal and Pour Some Sugar...) that signaled the direction they were going, and it sent them downhill.

High n' Dry and Pyromania were awesome, the first two albums were good, but after Hysteria, it was mostly watered-down crap.

jpetrie18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted