1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most hated bands/groups

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There was a DJ in L.A. many years ago who played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida every night to end his show. He'd queue it up, hit the bricks and either be home or at the bar before his shift even ended.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Especially when you're watching them while pounding that Budweiser.

UNCGrad and swingline like this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I was in college radio, "American Pie" was my shit break.

As for me, I'm sick and tired of the Eagles. I enjoyed them at one time, but hearing them every single day on the radio gets old after a while.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Heck, I wouldn't begin to know where to begin. Rap, metal, jazz, just for a start. Pick any one band from those genres and I hate them.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Whipping Post" worked really well for that.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That Springsteen fella. [runs for cover].

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Boy bands. All of them.
    Limp Bizkit
    Beyonce
    Most anyone I had to hear when the wife watched American Idol (remember that show?)
    NuMetal. All of them.
    NuCountry. All of them.
    Pink

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Out of many bad life decisions, one of my worst was using my work-study slot to take a midnight-5 am airshift at the campus NPR station. The first four hours consisted of Sonic Images Overnight, a New Age music show stuffed to the gills with ponderous, lifeless instrumentals, broken up by the occasional Tibetan chant.

Once I had reached my limit on a given night, I'd fire up the CD I'd picked out in advance with a track running about 29:30 (I'd have gone longer if I didn't have idents to read at the top and bottom of each hour, which I can still recite from memory 22 years after my last shift.) Then I'd hit the head, go downstairs to the Coke machine, read the AP wire stories on the terminal where we got our weather updates (no widespread internet then), etc.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The further removed from the '80s I get, the more I realize how fucking awful Def Leppard was.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Living in Florida has made me hate all things Jimmy Buffett.

Donny in his element and QYFW like this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Jimmy Buffett is on my list, too. Recently I was waiting for an appointment, and Margaritaville started up. Awful.

Office radio choices can be irritating. The college station used to play entire albums on the weekends, and one Saturday it picked Violent Femmes. Fortunately for everyone, the CD started to skip on the third or fourth track, and that was the end of the Femmes for that day.

12. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Stoney likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted