1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most hated bands/groups

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You can put Bon Jovi on my list for this thread, with the exception of "Dead or Alive".

Motley Crue is a rare band that has grown on me over time and over the years. Didn't think much of them in their heyday in the 80s, but over time, I've come to enjoy their music much more.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

'Kick Start My Heart', 'Shout at the Devil' were pretty good. The book about the band, 'The Dirt', is supposed to be really good.

I like a few Poison songs and their Behind the Music was interesting because Brett Michaels was a humorless prick and CC Deville basically admitted he sucked at playing guitar. He said something like "I listened to Jimmy Paige and Keith Richards and wanted to be like them. I had the right influences, they just didn't come out when I was playing guitar."

EDIT: Plus, the Poison drummer was hilarious. He was a former hairstylist and did the band's hair.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've really got no use for Crue, but Poison is funny.
    The look and packaging are unbelievably dumb, but I think a few of their songs would be cool with different arrangements and production.
    Not 'Every Rose has Its Thorn,' which is irredeemable.
    The hair metal power ballad is just a terrible music form in general.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Their memoir, "The Dirt," was terrific.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Part of his problem appears to be listening to Jimmy Paige.....

Machine Head likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted