1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most expensive moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 5, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've dropped a lot of money on stuff, like two $1,000+ camers with equipment. Paying off credit cards.

But I'd have to say my most expensive moment came on the Toronto outing, when I dropped $160 on a dinner at Centro. Best dinner I've ever had, but damn.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Centro is outstanding. But, if you're ever in Vegas, the China Grill inside Mandalay Bay.
    Best food. Ever.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure if Andre's is still in Vegas, but it has the best french onion soup I've ever tasted, by a mile.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have no problem dropping $200 for two on a truly great meal, the kind you'll always remember. The problem is not being able to know if a place you've never been before is great or just expensive.

Asfor most expensive moment, the day I wrote the check to the caterer for my wedding I almost threw up.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Honest mistake. Hazards of early morning typing. Only five figures. Only.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

The last three times I've bought two tickets for any event, the other person has bailed for whatever reason. So I paid double the price for one ticket.

Thus, I buy one and accept the weird looks every time from now on.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

$300 for the best meal of my life, including a great bottle of wine, with my fantastic boyfriend at Morton's. Scrumdiddly.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The moment I met my ex-wife...

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Let me hear you yell...we want pre-nup, we want pre-up!

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You know why divorces are so expensive, Trouser?

Because they're worth it.

11. $2700 for an engagement ring.

12. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

most expensive meal, for two: $270

Also dining in the same restaurant, in sweats: Luke Walton, Derek Fisher, Devean George (in San Francisco, the night before a Lakers-Warriors game)

Draft saved Draft deleted