1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most expensive moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would you pay a grand for pizza, or an omelet, or a sundae?

http://potw.news.yahoo.com/s/potw/45857/new-york-on-a-million-a-day

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The most expensive day I've had in recent memory was when I laid out about $800 in one day to get my first car some time last year.

Granted, it was a gift from my grandmother, but I had to deal with all the stuff like taxes, tags, registration, inspection, repairs to pass inspection, insurance, etc.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I might pay a grand for a beautiful blonde with big tits and an ass that tastes like french vanilla ice cream. But that'd be about it.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This is why people hate the U.S.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My most expensive day I dropped about $1000. Most of it went toward my sofa and TV, but I dropped close to $200 of it on Creed tickets. My darling baby brother was turning 21 and he really wanted to see Creed. sigh.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Because guys like Norman suggest women's ass should taste like french vanilla ice cream and he doesn't cap French?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I bought my then wife a $450 ring for Valentine's Day, bitch filed for divorce about 2 weeks later and kept the ring to top it off.

We also dropped about $2,000 one day on a new washer and dryer and a new furniture set for our living room. That felt strange to spend that much at once.

8. Norman Stansfield

That actually was a line from the movie True Romance.

In reality, I made an initial down payment of $50K on my house. I paid nearly $25K in cash for my car last spring.

Not surprisingly, I haven't bought much else since...

9. Hiro

Hiro Member

One day last month I:
    Paid rent ($760)
    Paid credit card bill ($120)
    Finished off engagement ring payments ($250)
    Paid student loan ($130)
    Paid TV/Cable ($110)
    And bought my and my fiencee's wedding bands ($650 all together ... she was supposed to get mine, but our money already is together and I was running late for work).
    And then I paid for dinner ^_^ ($25)

And then my little sister who still lives at home says "I don't know where all your money goes! You probably just spend too much."

Norman ... it's that kind of spending that really makes me nervous ... I've never even had $50K at one time

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

so sad, yet one of the funniest things i've read on here in a while.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You win... thought it was when I paid cash for my HDTV, but you win.

12. Norman Stansfield

Who are you telling? I wasn't exactly happy to be spending it, but as they say, a home and a car are the two most expensive things most people purchase in their lives. I just so happened to buy both within about an 18-month span.

I'm also guessing I'm a little older than you are, Hiro. I've had a little more time to accumulate.

Draft saved Draft deleted