1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most enjoyable sports stories of 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 20, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This. Except for me it was almost 40 years of waiting.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The winner by a mile (or 6.2 of them): Mo Farah and Galen Rupp blowing past the Ethiopians down the stretch with a packed stadium going berserk to go 1-2 in the Olympic 10,000.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

OK, you're looking at just the Series, I'm thinking the whole process: Cain's perfect game, losing Melky, Posey's slam vs. the Reds, Rally Zito ... I could go on, but I'll save bandwidth.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Finally knowing what I long suspected...Suzy Favor will go ass to mouth!!!

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

1. The Galaxy winning it all
    2. Italy's run to the European Championship Final
    3. The Kings winning it all
    4. The return of Indiana basketball (and Indiana soccer, for that matter, not that college soccer means a damn thing)
    4A. Indiana fans being in denial about the team's defense and schedule, and the inevitable struggle at Iowa on New Year's Eve
    5. The Lakers acquiring Nash and Howard (even if they're not gonna make the playoffs)
    6. The Dodgers going crazy, and the same ESPN that adores the BoSox and Yanks asking, "Are the Dodgers spending too much money?!?!?!"
    7. The Giants winning it all, because A. It meant the Cardinals didn't; and B. Hopefully it pissed off the Dodgers and their fans enough to demand more from their own franchise

What's so wild about that? When they had a chance to win a meaningful game, they did. The only truly wild series they played was the comeback against Cincinnati.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

RA Dickey.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Nats shutting down Strasburg.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm honestly struggling to think of anything that happened in sports in 2012 that I'm happy about. It all sucked from my fandom perspective.

That brief moment where it looked like Ryan Braun wouldn't get away with it as kind of fun.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The next two weeks will dictate this, but Adrian Peterson chasing Dickerson's single-season rushing record.

On a side note, football doesn't really lend itself to thrilling record chases like baseball does. When Sosa and McGwire were chasing Maris, it was a day-by-day thing. I guess when you play once a week, it doesn't carry the same enthusiasm. I remember when Jamal Lewis was going for his 2,000-yard season, and there wasn't much buzz about it.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Alex Anthopolous and the Jays turning the AL East upside-the fuck-down in the offseason!

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Add Alex Morgan goes to the beach.

Draft saved Draft deleted