1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your moment of anti-zen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

BANKY: Archie, alright! Archie and the Riverdale gang were a pure and fun-lovin bunch. You can't find dysfunction in those comics, because they were just flat out wholesome.

HOOPER:Archie and Jughead were lovers.

BANKY: Shut the fuck up.

HOOPER: It s true. Archie was the bitch and Jughead was the butch -- that's why Jughead wears that crown-looking hat all the time: he the king, of queen Archie s world.

BANKY: Man, I feel a hate-crime coming on.

HOLDEN: He's got a point. Archie never did settle on Betty or Veronica.

BANKY: Because he wanted them both at the same time, you assholes! He never chose one because he was trying to get both of them into a three-way!

HOOPER: (pulls out a dollar and hands it to Banky) Here. I want you to go down to the
    corner store and buy yourself a clue. Go on.

BANKY: Eat it. Urkel.

HOOPER: I told you to watch it with that Urkel shit. Face it, girl - Archie's a sister.

BANKY: That's it. You.

HOOPER: Moi?

BANKY: You are marching back across the street with me, and we re going to
    pick up a shit load of Archie books, I am going to prove to you - beyond the shadow of a doubt that Archie was all about pussy. Come on.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

You're insane! Archie is not fucking Mr. Weatherbee!

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I stopped reading comics some time around 1981 or 1982, and I never knew anybody who read Archie.
    But Veronica was hot, clearly superior to Betty.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Naw, come on, it's the same phenomenon as Jennifer vs. Bailey Quarters, isn't it?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Veronica was hotter than Betty.
    Bailey was hotter than Jennifer.
    Betty was hotter than Wilma.
    Maryanne was hotter than Ginger.
    Jan was hotter than Marcia.
    Vera was hotter than Flo.

6. T2

T2 Member

So in the comics, why are blondes depicted as having yellow hair with black shadows, while brunettes have black hair with blue highlights? That always seemed odd to me, but it still looks right.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is that you, DyePack?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cover price is $3.69.

Coincidence?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Betty was hotter than Wilma? But Wilma is a fired-up redhead ... which makes her dirty ... doesn't it?

Draft saved Draft deleted