1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your midseason World Series picks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 13, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

cubs over angels in 7.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Also, b/c he homered in every game.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can go with that.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Cubs vs. White Sox

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

Boston over Philly.

Cubs won't make the playoffs.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Cubs over Yankees in 6.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Reds and the Mariners [/griffeyandfelixfangirl]

What? That's not possible?

D-backs over the Rays. Why not :D

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Won't be my suck-ass piece of shit fucking Blue Jays, I know that much.

I'll go with Boston over the Cubbies.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed.

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

The Rays fade, the Yankees surge yet again in the second half, and capture the AL Wild Card after finishing two games behind Boston, which gets the AL's top seed. Yanks face the offensively-challenged Angels in the division series and finally get the best of them, while the Sawx blow past the fightin' Ozzies, much to a certain prominent columnist's delight.

In the ALCS, the Yanks exact revenge for '04, winning Game 7 at Fenway when Melky Cabrera hits the go-ahead two-run HR off Papelbon in the top of the ninth and Rivera gets Manny being Manny looking at Strike 3 with the bases loaded in the bottom of the inning to end it.

In the NL, Sabathia pitches well for the Brewers, but the bullpen again blows too many games, and they fall out of the race. The Cardinals continue to overachieve and win the wildcard, three games behind the Cubs, who have the top seed.

In the NLDS, Cubs sweep the Diamondbacks (who win the NL west at .500) and the Cardinals again break the hearts of Mets fans, whose team rallies to win the NL East. In the NLCS, Carlos Marmol is to the Cubs what Armando Benitez was to the '97 Orioles, almost singlehandedly blowing three games as the seemingly inferior Cardinals win in 6. A certain prominent columnist squeals in ecstasy.

In the World Series, Yankees over Cardinals in 4. Other than possibly A-Rod, the Yanks aren't burdened by the psychological baggage haunting the Cubs.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can actually see the Brewers' bullpen being a negative factor, Suburbia, but the Cardinals? In the World Series? No effing way.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Red Sox over Phillies in 6.

Draft saved Draft deleted