1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your midseason World Series picks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

$12 a gallon gas and the Cubs over the Red Sox in 7. Therefore, the world will end as the Cubs finally reach the mountaintop.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Cubs vs. Angels

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

All Chicago series, hopefully.

Either way, I think the White Sox-Angels ALCS winner will win it all.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Red Sox v. Cubs.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck that. Screw the White Sox and their meth-using fans.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Angels vs. Brewers.

7. Hammer Pants

I wouldn't like it any more than you. I just think those are the best two teams in baseball. I think the Cubs are the best team in the NL, but they're no better than fourth in all of baseball (and probably fifth, behind the BoSox and Rays, too).

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Devil Rays vs. Cubs

Rays come back from a three games to none deficit to win in 7. Ronny Cedeno muffs a potential Series-winning double play grounder in the ninth inning of Game Four and the Rays outscore the Cubs 122-3 the rest of the way. A_QB stops posting and we wonder if he was the Cubs fan who went on a six-state killing spree.

9. Hammer Pants

There's no fucking way Cedeno would see the field in a World Series game. Theriot would have to be severely injured.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, but they're up 9 runs in the eighth, so he goes in the game in a mop-up role. The Rays score 5 in the eighth and 5 in the ninth.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Brewers beat Rays in seven games. C.C. CC Sabathia wins nudges red-hot Corey Hart for World Series MVP because he picks up his third win of the series in the finale.

12. wheateater

wheateater Member

Rangers and Cubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted