1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your mall food court weakness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Dec 11, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I know good Italian cuisine. And Sbarro's ain't it. ;)

But we're not comparing great Italian restaurants. We're comparing Burger King ... Panda ... Sbarro's ... Joe's Philly Cheesesteaks ... Chic-Fil-A. Sbarro's fits. And hey, it's in a mall!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

ANY of those dumps is better than Sbarro.

So, too, is rummaging thru the dumpster.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Christ, Shot, you might as well go to the fucking Olive Garden. [/ducking]

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was pretty bitter about that myself.

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

My small town Arby's is currently running a potato cake promotion. I haven't had them yet, but now may try them.

We are talking about the little wedge thingies right?

And Shottie, I've got your back. Sbarros FTW.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mall chicks are so 80's .

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

More like Sbarros ftl. Not that any of the mall pizza places are any good, but Sbarros is the height of mediocrity. Even their garlic knots taste overcooked and bland.

8. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

MM,

You're missing the point. Of course there are much better places to get pizza. Much better.

But not in the mall. If you want pizza, you want Sbarros. And you're right, on the grand scale of edible, it's not super high, but it is right there in the food court.

I am interested in all the different choices there are in many of your malls. We have very little in ours. Sbarros, Mrs. Fields, a non chain chinese place, an Orange Julius, a Burger King, and that's it.

No pretzel place, no Cinnabon.

We are definitely food choice poor mallers.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Papa Gino's has the best mall pizza

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I think the point is that if you really want pizza, you leave the mall and go to a pizzeria outside of it, or go home and get it delivered. Unless, that is, you know you'll be in the mall for like five hours and have to eat something, and Sbarros is the best of a horrible lineup of food options, which may be the case at your mall. All I know is if I was in a pizza mood at the mall, and I walked up to the Sbarros and saw their limp slices, cold knots and bowel-obstructionally bad ziti, I'd get out of the mood in a serious hurry.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A colleague and myself were in Indy for the Final Four this past season and, being on the company dime, we were trying to find a nice, sit-down place for lunch one afternoon.

As we were walking through the mall he noticed Chick-Fil-A and immediately ran over, ordered nuggets and a biggie fry, and then proceeded to eat there at least once -- including breakfast -- every day the rest of the time down there.

:-X

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Auntie what's her name's pretzels, dipped in cinnamon.

i can usually pass on the Cinnabons, but those pretzels, no way.

Draft saved Draft deleted