1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your mall food court weakness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Dec 11, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So I'm finally starting my holiday shopping today, and as I pass by the food court I get a whiff of this delicious, stimulating, wonderful odor.

Auntie Anne's.

I swear, I nearly stopped and inhaled 1,273 calories on the spot. Mmmm, buttery and fattening, fresh, doughy pretzels.

The chinese place was tempting, too.

It's either AA or Mrs. Fields' that tempts me when I walk by.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't go to malls any more, but when I did it was Boardwalk Fries.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I haven't drank any soda for about 10 years now, except ... if I see an A&W, I'll get a root beer float. That only happens about once, maybe twice, a year, though.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Panda Express Orange Chicken. Stuff's going to kill me. Big whoop. Still good.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sbarro's. They just put those thick, exotic slices out there tempting you ... well, I'm not that strong.

On a side note, I LOVE food courts that have the news stands right in them, so you can go check out papers and stuff while waiting for your food.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Those big pretzels. Seems like the name of the place is different at every mall, but I love thsoe things, esp. with cheese dipping sauce.

8. The Great Steak and Potato Company. If I were rich, I'd hire one of their employees to make me chopped steak sandwiches until my arteries exploded.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, in the middle of the food court at the local mall, our paper has a massive banner. In fact, there's a couple around the mall. So even if you can't read the paper, you feel its presence. :D

And then there's about 10 more banners inside the local gym. And on paper placemats at all the local chain restaurants. Branding, branding, branding, we're told.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow, the same thing happened to me on Saturday.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I'll third both of those. great steak and panda. a perfect combination.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Cajun Grill's Bourbon Chicken.

Or the Chinese fried chicken at Wong's Wok. Chinese fried chicken may be the most fattening way possible to eat chicken. And then dip it in ranch dressing.

To. Die. For.

Draft saved Draft deleted