1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YOUR kid and YOUR kid need not apply

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joe Williams, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Seriously, you shouldn't be talking down to anyone. The loudmouthed aggrieved white man with talking points from Breitbart doesn't impress anyone.

The Civil Rights movement made progress that Republicans have worked diligently to strip away. The Voters Rights Act has been demolished to the point where a Trump official just called voters rights part of a dangerous liberal agenda. But I guess since it was once passed everything is just fine now.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. You are confusing voting rights with the potential for voter fraud. Point out to me what provisions of the Voting Right Act have been threatened or abrogated -- that is, when you can pull yourself away from insulting people who disagree with you, which enables you to hide your superficiality.

BTW, repeating talking points from Media Matters or MoveOn.org doesn't impress anybody, either.

3. PCLoadLetter

Yeah, not doing this. Given you more time than you deserve.

4. PCLoadLetter

What a peculiar little man.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So, how about those Illini, huh?

Fingerprints.

6. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Hold on. Are we all ignoring the fact that the thread title twice should be "kind" and not "kid"?

Yes, being a minority today helps to get hired (I am one). Yes, an emphasis on diversity is a market correction for decades of jobs we couldn't sniff. Yes, you must still have the chops or end up losing your job.

Chin up, pal. And get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.