1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Indulgence?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Are you talking the button up type or long sleeve performance t-shirt type?
    If it's the long sleeve t-shirt type, stick with Columbia. They rock. I own many.
    If you are talking button up, check out Magellan from Academy Sports. They are just as good and much, much cheaper. I have several of both brands, and wear them to work pretty much daily.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Same. I have a Magellan, because I couldn’t get that color I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. You’re right, though. They are of good quality, but when am able to get them for $25 on Amazon, I go for the name brand. I’ve found that XL and 1X are pretty much the same size in those shirts.

3. expendable

The Bahama II shirts will wrinkle just looking at them, while the Tamiami shirts can sit on the bottom of a pile of clean clothes for two weeks and look dryer fresh. I prefer the look of the former, but appreciate the convenience of the latter.

4. expendable

I’m in the market for one of those super coolers. Should I save money by opting for the RTIC over the Yeti, or is the Yeti better to the point that I might want to go for that — given that I am looking to buy only one?

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

To each their own, no worries.

I find sustenance in fucking with the mask-denying, Trump-loving tools living next door.

It's almost too easy, but I'm not above it.

6. Machine Head

The movie Blade Runner.

The scene where Rutger Hauer's character talks about what he's seen.

In this hobby, I've seen things. Entire houses, storage units, out buildings you name it, full. Can't walk through full.

No ships on fire on the Rings of Orion, or whatever it was, but I digress.

Not just records, but also gear. Turntables, amps, speakers.

Your friend probably already knows to get the gear in a radio station clean out. Money there.

As mentioned earlier, sounds like like has his record collection on discogs. Good move, know what you have and the value.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I love gel ink pens and creamy paper. I have at least two journals in this room full of stuff I find interesting from day to day.

OscarMadison and PaperDoll like this.
  8. Machine Head

I've been picking up mcm odds and ends.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

I think the RTICs are just as good as Yeti and a heck of a lot cheaper. I've not had any issues in terms of ice retention or quality with any of mine. My oldest one is four or five years now, and everything is great.

expendable likes this.
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son has some of the big fancy coolers and swears by Yeti but, like Driftwood, I find RTIC to be just as good. I have several RTIC water bottles and travel coffee mugs and they're great.

expendable likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Yeah, he's actually worked in radio since he was 15 or 16. That's all he's ever done. One of the coolest things he has, I think, is a 45 with the sleeve in mint condition signed by all four Beatles. I can't remember off the top of my head which record it was, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted