1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your "I'm Old" Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 28, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was seeding my lawn on Saturday and tweaked my back a bit. It's fine now, but I totally suck.

2. InTheSkeller

InTheSkeller Member

Went for my annual eye exam a week ago. Things were going well until the doc said, "Don't freak out or anything, but when you come in next year, well probably start talking about getting you bifocals."

I'm gonna grow my hair long and look like Ben Franklin.
    :eek:

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

This 28-year-old I e-mailed through an online dating service told me, "I'm looking to meet people within my specified age range."

:mad:

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

When I was twice as old as the 18-year old Playmate of the Month.

And to Paper's point, when I read online dating profiles that read "NO ONE OVER 39!!!!!!."

I'm recently 40.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Played 45 holes of golf last weekend for an outing. My back has been awful since but at about 3:30 this morning locked up so badly I was minutes away from calling my brother to come and take me to the hospital. It's significantly better now as I sit at work but I thought I was going to die 10 hours ago.

But I guess I knew I was old before that. Like when I talked to this girl at a bar and found out she goes to my alma mater. Told her when I graduated. She told me she was born three years after that.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

When the intern asked for my "wise advice since I'd been in the business so long."

What the heck? I'm in my 20s!!!!!

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

When I start interviewing coaches younger/same age as me. At the ripe age of 30, it makes me feel very old.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That will change sooner or later. ;)

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've had a couple, but last week I told a softball player, who is a sophomore in high school, that I was old enough to be her father. I'm only 33.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Plenty of those, but lemme tell ya: Your kids getting older will age you too, especially if you have a girl.

There's a very attractive new bartender at the saloon, Christina; we've been doing the typical bartender/regular flirting thing.

I come to find she's exactly two years older than my daughter.

Don't get me started on visiting Gainesville.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i guess that's similar to any sports fan's first 'i'm old' moment: when you start realizing that pretty much everyone on your favorite team - or an almost any pro team - is younger than you. i can still remember when any professional athlete was older than me. and although i'm still not that old (i'm 34) if i was a pro athlete i'd be in the twilight of my career or maybe even finished.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When a high school girls basketball players called me "Mr. Sam Mills" about eight years ago.

Nice, nice kid ... had to tell her that using my first name is absolutely fine, encouraged even.

And a couple of years ago, when I was sore from neck to toe after playing touch football for three hours the previous day. Never mind that I feel old because I need a pair of knee braces on each leg to keep them working halfway properly. Body soreness took three or four days to subside ...

Draft saved Draft deleted