1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your I'm Getting Older Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ForSaleByOwner, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Whenever I see McDonald's bring the McRib back.
    I remember when you could go to the drive-in and get an order of bronto ribs so big it would tip your car over.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, um, when the ex-boy toy told me he was in elementary school when Kurt Cobain blew his brains out and didn't really remember it.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That'll happen when you troll for dates at the junior high sock hop.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When you're Scott Baio and you're shopping around a pathetic "kiss and tell autobiography"

http://www.quillandquire.com/blog/index.php/2007/01/29/baio-woof/

Baio also tells of meeting actress Beverly D’Angelo at a party and commenting on the sexiness of her overbite. He claims D’Angelo replied: “I don’t have an overbite, dear. I have a c**ksucker’s mouth.”]Baio also tells of meeting actress Beverly D’Angelo at a party and commenting on the sexiness of her overbite. He claims D’Angelo replied: “I don’t have an overbite, dear. I have a c**ksucker’s mouth.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hate you.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Buy me some Yu gi oh cards, please, sportschick!

Please! I've been ever so good! ;D

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

As with spnited and JR, there have been many moments. Some highlights ...

*When some youngster asked me if I had a blackberry and I had to say, "I don't know what the hell it is."
    *When I lost interest in the Grammies because I couldn't recognize any of the performers or the nominated songs.
    *When I quit drinking in 1988 in deference to diabetes.
    *When I realized my first presidential vote went to Barry Goldwater.
    *When I had to quit driving because my foot couldn't get from accelerator to brake fast enough.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

When my hair began falling out...at 19.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago when I around 27. I'm talking to this girl on line at the drug store. We're hitting it off, I'm about to ask for her number when the pharmacist asks for her date of birth to fill a prescription. She says (and I still remember), November 1, 1978. I realized that I was hitting on someone who was born after Bucky Dent's home run.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

The first time a pimply grocery-store bagger in the deep south called me "Ma'am".

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

One of my high school classmates got pregnant when she was 16 - a shock, given she was a straight-A student, violin prodigy, youth minister, etc. I ran into her while I was home last summer and asked how her son was doing.

"Oh my gosh, he is doing so well. He is so smart and mature ... you know he skipped a grade? He'll be a freshman in high school this fall!"

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Paging sportschick... paging sportschick... ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted