1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ideal place to live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 29, 2012.

1. joe

joe Active Member

San Diego for El Indio, Seattle for fresh cold-water oysters, Portland for PDX, Kansas City for barbeque, Jacksonville for Palm Valley Fish Camp and lots o' golf, the road to St. Augustine for the beach, Champaign for the Esquire Lounge, Chicago for Wrigley and the Cubs losing, Washington, D.C. for the National Gallery of Art, St. Louis for the Cardinals and Ted Drewe's.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You won the friggin' newspaper lottery getting that job. Could NOT believe it when I heard you landed that gig.

Enjoy it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fort Collins? The whole town smells like cow shit. :D

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1. NYC
    2. Someplace with a nice beach.

1,208. Anywhere else.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Victoria, British Columbia. That would be my endgame once an empty nester.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I did that move in the opposite direction two years ago and would move back in an instant.

and the St. Augustine transients have nothing on Jacksonville transients, who tend to be just batshit crazy. I once saw one accidently set his shirt on fire with a cig, then try to get into a fistfight with the cop who tried to help.

7. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

New Orleans, never should've left...

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

1. South of France
    2. A big apartment in NYC with a nice terrace and a water or Central Park view.
    3. Miami -- a nice place on the bay.
    4. Napa or Sonoma.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'd say San Diego for the weather, but the sports teams stink and there is no NHL, so I'll pick Malibu.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh. ;D

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Something along the lines of a Cape San Blas or Dauphin Island ... basically someplace on the Gulf that hasn't been completely condo'd over yet.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Then Dog Island over by SGI is your place. A few condos, but no roads and no stores.

Draft saved Draft deleted