1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ideal place to live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 29, 2012.

1. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Cannon Beach, Oregon.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

it would have to be a big city, either Paris in a nice apartment on Rive Gauche or LA, just off Sunset, close enough to Whiskey-A-Go-Go to stumble home after several too many

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Just about anywhere so as long as I don't have to own a snow shovel or leaf rake. Geography-induced work is way overrated.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That Mellencamp boy is a bit wild for lemonade-sipping and porch swinging.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This. Although, I bought a leaf blower (blows AND sucks! Hey now!) last year, and it makes the leaf-gathering experience at least tolerable.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Having moved from Indiana two years ago, I tell everyone that I miss the first snowfall of the season -- but not the second, third, fourth, etc.

I like where I live now -- Saint Augustine, Fla. -- but I'd love it if hurricanes didn't exist and if the transient factor was a bit less.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Parents moved there after I was out of college. I grew up in suburban Atlanta (yuck) and was genuinely pissed when I first visited them, wondering why they couldn't have done it 15 years earlier.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My top three usually consists of Fort Collins, Chattanooga and Islamorada.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mrs. TBF and I have always wanted to get to Saint Augustine, but have never pulled the trigger. Other than sit on the beach and maybe o a little surf fishing, what is there to do there for the 30-somethings?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The 'Noog is a prety cool place. Mrs. TBF and I make runs down there with the kiddos at least three times a year.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah... I was born in Santa Barbara and it would be pretty high on my list of places to live if money wasn't an option...

The leader in my clubhouse would probably be San Diego.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really like the vibe of the downtown, plus the outdoors opportunities are plentiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted