1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ideal place to live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, May 29, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Say a job and money are not factors - you'd have both. What's the one place in the world you'd like to live, in whatever your current family situation is?

I've been to a lot of places, but for me, nothing beats the easternmost tip of Long Island, NY. Rounding out my top 3 would be Colorado Springs and any one of the Scandinavian countries.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eastern LI is gorgeous, especially in the summer. Having already lived there for awhile, I can say not much beats Hawaii.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tiny House[/creosote]

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I always thought I was a change-of-seasons guy, too. I got over that pretty quickly by spending every morning at the beach before work in the dead of winter.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My ideal place? Simple. It stars with the word Santa and ends with the word Barbara.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Active Member

I think I already live there: Breckenridge, CO.

Next is Truckee/Kings Beach.

City life scares me.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

France heads my list, at least for now. All I know is that I want to move out Toronto quite desperately but am trapped by a lack of job portability.

8. JR

JR Active Member

Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. For the seafood if nothing else. And the tides in the Bay of Fundy.

St. John's, Newfoundland. The oldest (English speaking) and probably the least known city in North America.

Or, France, if that's what HC wants. :)

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Your choices work for me too!

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Paris or NYC.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Provence. Otherwise, I'll stay put in Boston, thanks.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I finally made it out to St Johns this past Spring, my goodness is Newfoundland beautiful and St Johns was a cool place. I am planning a work trip there that I will extend into a working holiday with my wife and kids.

Of everywhere I have been I would love to live on the East Coast of Australia or the beach communities of central Florida, love the beach and the warm oceans.

If schools were not a consideration the Pacific coast of Coata Rica or Hualtulco Mexico would be near the top of the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted