1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your holiday gift -- to yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Meatloaf's "Bat Out of Hell" on CD so I can finally toss the cassette.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I always seem to spend almost as much on myself as I do gifts for others. I just bought two cashmere sweaters and a plane ticket for my trip to Chicago this summer. I'll splurge on the Cubs tickets for my birthday.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I buy crap for myself all the time, so I don't feel the need to splurge for Christmas.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Much-needed wardrobe upgrade.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've been thinking about a camera, or a TV that would obviously be a gift more for the family than strictly for myself.

I would also like to take a trip to Massachusetts. I've never been there, and I have long wanted to visit my maternal grandfather's grave.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Probably a couple tops and some iTunes. I haven't put anything on my credits cards so I'm broke!

7. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Just bought season 1 of The Sopranos on blu-ray tonight on sale for $30 at Best Buy. I have all the seasons burnt and refused to buy them until the blu-ray versions came out. Can't beat that price. Merry Christmas to me!

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I got a rock.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

This thread makes me feel poor.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I had some extra cash and bought a TV about as big as the Cowboys video board, then transported it via truck eight miles from store to home. At 30 mph, with about two dozen lights, it only took me 45 minutes to get it there. Tomorrow's project: Hooking the damn thing up.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What! No cocaine?

I really didn't get a biggie. I found a way to get an HP 8500 printer/scanner/fax/copier from 300 to 31 bucks with coupons, discounts and gift cards... and if I want a toy, I usually buy it.
    Am hoping, however, that a holiday gift to myself WON'T be a new laptop. Hard drive died on mine the other night -- 16 days left on the four-year warranty. Dell's sending a new hard drive, but still... you never know..

Draft saved Draft deleted