1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your holiday gift -- to yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I finished my shopping yesterday and while I was at it, I bought a little something for myself. I got an FM adapter that I can plug into my laptop for about $20. With my Verizon wireless, I can listen to Internet music anywhere I go through my sound system now.

I drove home listening to a Seattle radio station. I may never listen to terrestrial radio again.

Just a little something I've been meaning to get. Anyone else buy yourself something for Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I got a new blackberry. Not for xmas. I just needed a new phone.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I got the Verizon Droid... and I kept back $200 for a birthday trip to a Harrahs near me the weekend of my birthday.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy a plane ticket ... just need to choose where.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I usually like to buy something completely useless and frivolous that I'd never put down on a list and usually something I didn't know I HAD to have until I saw it.
    - An Oregon State beaver stuffed animal that plays the school fight song.
    - An Oregon State football jersey
    - A SuperToe football game (you slam your hand down on the kicker's head and he kicks field goals).
    - A Teddy Roosevelt GI Joe (I also have an Ernie Pyle, George Washington and John Kennedy).
    - Various Christmas action figures from a movie or special (Snow Miser, Heat Miser, Flick from A Christmas Story (complete with frozen flag pole), Hermey from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer).

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The TV I bought last year will have to cover the "myself" gift for about the next 10 years.

7. I just discovered a 19-teen tobacco card of a player from the area on e-bay... I can purchase it for under $15 bucks.
    Merry Christmas to me.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

New shoes — nike trail runners — and some clothes.

9. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

New TV and surround sound. Love it.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Canon Rebel XS, and the difference in quality of the pictures I am taking of my family is staggering.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

A Saints long-sleeve T-shirt to wear to the Cowboys game Saturday night ;)

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm going to stay out of prison for at least another year by not throttling the sh*t out of any one of a long list of people I deal with who deserve it.

Draft saved Draft deleted