1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Heisman Finalists — Manziel, Te'o, Klein. Who wins? (poll)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Who will win the Heisman Trophy?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2012.
  1. Johnny Manziel

47 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Manti Te'o

36 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Collin Klein

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I figure it's Manziel all the way, but any differing opinions are welcome ...

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: Your Heisman Finalists — Manziel, Te'o, Klein. Who wins? (poll)

I am surprised only three players were invited. That's usually reserved for special seasons, the last being 2008, when Sam Bradford beat Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow, all elite quarterbacks for elite teams.

Johnny Manziel will win. There's no point in debating who will win. Should he win? I've been turned by arguments on this board and other places. Yes, I think Johnny Manziel was the best player to fit the history of the Heisman Trophy.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Poor Jordan Lynch.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Manziel, has a great nickname, had the marquee performance of the year, beating #1 on the road in primetime.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How do they not even invite Marquise Lee?

And how many running backs are more complete than Stepfan Taylor?

Notre Dame gave up 124 points in 12 games. Its senior linebacker had 100-plus tackles and 7 picks and led 2 game-winning goal-line stands. If it's not Te'o then it's a crock of shit -- and that's with full regard for Manziel's and Klein's great seasons.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I basically agree with you.

But, do you know what I said before the 09 vote? " If it's not Suh, it's a crock of shit." And we got a crock of shit. The Suh shafting is when I gave up for good the idea that a pure defensive player might win this thing.

Teo deserves to win it this year. But I think Manziell will.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thank god Suh didn't win, so they won't have to take it away when he chokes someone to death during a game.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

My basic feelings - and I was on the Manziel bandwagon before just about anyone else outside of College Station. Think Teo should win. Think Manziel will.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If I had a vote I'd vote for Te'o but Manziel is going to win.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Te'o also won the Nagurski Award today to go along with the Butkus Award.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Te'o will win, that way, if Notre Dame beats Alabama, it completes that whole "team of destiny" shit. Kinda like how we Tide fans viewed the 2009 season.

(And note, I only say talk like that is shit because I personally don't have superstitions or believe in destiny or fate. I just think "shit happens.")

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

They could have invited two more guys. Are they having a shortage of chairs? How is ESPN going to fill the first 55 minutes?

Draft saved Draft deleted