1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your greatest sports/athletic achievement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone remember the Married With Children that ended with the family and a few others watching Al play right field in softball? they were waxing poetic about how great he was, and as the final credits rolled, he doffed his cap. It was oddly poignant, and I could never figure out if that was the intent.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're right. There were a few poignant moments that were real.

My favorite episode ... err, guest appearance, is when Joey Lauren Adams plays "Cousin Effie." Oh, mama! A bare-footed girl in Daisy Dukes clutching a shotgun ... can't beat that.

3. I saw it and always considered it a spoof of the Eight Men Out ending ...

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

31:45 10 K
    4:29 Mile Run
    Won several D1 college races

More as I remember

5. pallister

pallister Guest

What's with all the running? I could maybe break 8 minutes if I was being chased by a bear. Maybe.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but you'd be dead. Hey look at me a bear is after me I ran an eight-minute mile I'm dead BAM!

7. Hell, you only have to run a 9-minute mile if the guy next to you needs 10 minutes ...

8. pallister

pallister Guest

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I sure as hell couldn't outrun a bear on a bike.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hit a HR into the left-field basket at Wrigley Field in '96 during a 30-minute BP session (it was hooked up through a friend that worked for the team)

Hit a grand slam in a company tournament softball game over a 20-foot fence in left center

Scored 20 points in a charity basketball game at my old high school against a team comprised of NFL players from the local team (who were actually playing hard)

Threw down a baseline dunk in a junior-college basketball game

Dunked on later in the same season by a player who went on to play 12 years in the NBA

Scored 36 points in an adult rec-league basketball game when I was 18

Benched 290 pounds without a spot

Draft saved Draft deleted