1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your greatest sports/athletic achievement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 7, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I figure that everyone here would enjoy re-living the pinnacle of their athletic careers or when they were at their physical peak. who doesn't like to brag, too? I got this idea just last night. After work, I decided to take a run around the block where my building is, which is 0.6 miles. I did two laps in 5:30, and I figure that I did the mile around the 4:50 mark. :eek: And that's with a 185 lbs. body with a bad knee and shoulder.

As for sports, I just sucked. LOL

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I defeated Ryan Sonner in a best-of-three arm-wrestling match.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I hit one out of the park on Sunday. First time ever. Granted we were on a 240-foot diamond, so it's short compared to a lot the parks I play on.
    And we had reached our home run limit ... so it was an out.

Sigh ...

Otherwise, I found myself admitting to the boy toy on the weekend that I've never won anything big ... a couple of league titles but never a provincials or a nationals -- maybe a few races in track and field when I was a kid.

He, on the other hand, played with the national team, etc. etc. etc.

Blorf.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Won the Canadian Book Publishers Squash Tournament one year. ;D

Damn thing didn't make the papers even though I called the Toronto Star sports editor five times. Left messages. Never returned my calls.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I hit a double once.

Once.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Fuck the Star, I say. You work just as hard as all the other Canadian book publishers, dammit!

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I call shenanigans.

I am currently talking to Ryan Sonner, and he says no such occurrence ever happened. In fact, Doc begged out of said arm-wrestling match by saying he had sand in his vagina.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're right. Then and now, I reek of cowardly fail. :-\

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Down goes the Doctah! Down goes the Doctah!

10. pallister

pallister Guest

81-yard TD run at the end of the half in Little Tiger football (6th grade). That was my peak, personally and athletically; life has gone steadily downhill since.

11. Goddamn liberal media!
    Finsihed second -- out of 120 -- in a fencing tournament once. My first three direct-elimination bouts were as close to The Zone as I've ever gotten. There were times when, I swear to god, I saw the point hit before it made contact.
    Never been close to it again, of course.

12. Batted .550 for the season once - in middle school. Also went four for four in an all-star game.

Draft saved Draft deleted