1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Government At Work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 17, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If the group can't make the distinction with this scumbag, or their "hands are tied", then it's time to shut their doors.

2. Gee, sorry, guys.
    My apologies to the US government.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

There. I fixed your reply for you, again. You forgot the proper punctuation
    ;)

4. Exactly when did I piss in your Cheerios this week?

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is that why my milk was yellow?

I was just placing the sarcasm font indicator you suspiciously omitted. ;)

Seriously, though, I just expect more and better from you. I feel silly lecturing you, because I know you are much more well studied in politics, history and quite possibly the scriptures, but some of your thread titles, replies and such have been pretty transparent with a lack of intellectual honesty or objectivity. That's all. :-\

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I disagree heartly with FB on certain topics -- Lyndon, Teddy -- but FB's infinitely more intellectually honest than the current administration, which has twisted, spun and lied from the gun -- and
    accelerated the program since 9/11. ANY group honoring the Duke is a ripe target for derision.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The only dissention I have with any of that is that it's not the government honoring him, or DeLay for that matter. That's my only point. If you're going to rip someone for doing something stupid, which I agree this is, at least make sure you accurately point your derision. Otherwise, it just undermines your credibility.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think it's a fairly ambiguous thing to be arguing about, but whatever.

They're still idiots for honoring Cunningham, which was, I believe, the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted