1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Franchise Player(s)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Undeserved. That was Trammell's award.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still don't think he even belongs in the discussion with the guys I mentioned, but to each his own.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's why I said "debatable" in my post. I knew someone would be along shortly to point that out.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll never be on your boat with that. Bonds was a better player than Kiner -- steroids or not -- in an entire career's length, even in his first 10 seasons. But I think he was superior in his time with the Pirates. Just because Bonds was the best player in the league -- and I think he was, too -- doesn't diminish what Kiner did in his time.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I read what I wanted to...I only need to see some combination of Bell, 1987 and MVP before it's on.

It wasn't personal toward you...unless you were a voter...then, it's real personal.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, I understand. And I was only 4 when Bell hugged his MVP trophy. I think that's when you know you're dealing with a certifiable Tigers fan.

"Ahem, George Bell." And it only gets uglier after then.

If I ever go to see the Tigers, I'll be wearing a George Bell jersey. I wonder if they sell them at Comerica.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I was 8.

Umm...you know they don't show Full House or any other ridiculous sitcom on the Comerica jumbotron, right?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

George Bell's Stats for that year .308avg 47hr 134 RBI 957OPS aren't to bad.
    Not saying Trammell wasn't deserving but Bell had a pretty good year.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Bell indeed had a great year.

I was 8. Trammell was my favorite player. He had a great year. The Tigers won the AL East.

You'll never get me to change my mind. Never.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I was 13 and a huge Blue Jays fan.

I believe the Jays had a 3 and half game lead going into the final week and proceeded to lose their last 7.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'll never forget standing in my living room when Tanana underhanded that ball to first base for the last out of the regular season to clinch the division. That was an amazing moment for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted