1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your First Week Bizarre High School Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Had a kid out here go 33-55, 480 yards, 3 TD........and lose.

35-28.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oklahoma score of the night: Community Christian 10, Pioneer 8.

In eight-man football.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Game I covered, eight-man, Team A run rules Team B, 50-0. Team B has owned Team A for the last 17 years. The streak is over. Long live the streak.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

First week? Heck, my crazy state will play Week 4 on Friday.

5. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Upstate NY, Newark pulled out a 39-36 win over Honeoye Falls-Lima with a 63-yard catch and run on the last play of the game. Receiver was 15 yards short of the end zone when he made the catch, had to scoot in from there.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Week 7 out here.....2 Eight-man rivals go at it......last year 56-50 final, and neither team punted.

Both teams better this year than last year......could get into the 70's.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Sounds like Richard Simmons will be in attendance at that one.

8. Faithless

Faithless Member

We didn't have one last week, but there's one shaping up to be the Bizarre Game of the Week featuring two longtime rivals only seven miles apart. I'll call 'em School A and School B.

The storyline: School A's starting quarterback this season was School B's starting quarterback last season.

Just so happens School A's football team is loaded with several returning starters from last year's state playoff team. School B was 1-9 last season; the QB in question led the B's in scoring, rushing and passing.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Nothing really bizarre up here.

Home town team A busted up B as expected.

In my second game, a basketball star have an 86-yard return. Turned out to be the winning TD.

We did have a kid have over 400 all-purpose yards though. His team lost 50-31.

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

We had a team which scored only 98 points the entire 2006 season win 70-3. They were 4-26 overall the last four years. Maybe they're about to have a turn around.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

We had local team hosting Independence HS outta the Carolinas, which hasn't lost in seven years. Local team beats 'em.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I did hear a wacky call: "He makes the catch at the 40 ... the 35 ... the 30 ... the 20 ... the 25 ... the 15 ... the 10 ... touchdown!"

WTF?

Draft saved Draft deleted