1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No, it's not about that. Although, feel free to offer any stories (or pictures) in that regard as well--this can be a multi-purpose thread.

Rather, the genesis of the idea for this thread came from just noticing a number of brand newbies on the site and noting some rather ballsy comments/posts for such neophytes.

So, the question is: do you remember your first post and what it was about? If you can recall, fill in on what the subject was, what triggered you to post, perhaps who incited you to post, etc. And if you don't remember, make something up, either about yourself or something completely horrific about another poster.

My story? I do know the locale was the old sportspages.com forum during one of the final flameouts of that board on the normal topic of anonymous people taking shots, often rather personal, at certain public figures. I'm not sure if this would have been the actual first post, but I blurted out something hideously pollyannish about the contradiction of censorship on a journalism board and the first amendment.

Thankfully, I've grown so much more mature since then :)

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

My first time was an SportsJournalists.com classic. I made a post about why I quit working for the paper in Roswell. I was immediately insulted by boots. He then wished me luck.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think I posted something about hockey on the original sportspages.com. :)

Can anyone remember the year sportspages started up? 2000? Earlier?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

It was a late night so many moons ago ... I jumped into a thread in the Anything Goes section. Someone, I believe it may have been buckweaver, said 'welcome, fella' or something like that. My fourth or so post was 'Thanks but I'm a girl.'
    I was asked to prove it and my 10th or so post did so.

And a lot of us know the story from there. ;)

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44295/

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think my first was on a jobs thread telling people they didn't want to work in Whitefish, Mont.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Someone wanted to work there?

Oh, I think my first post was some smart aleck remark. It's all a blur.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

if that's not the most famous debut, I don't know what is....

whoops.....damn. better go check to make sure I didn't post on that thread. Well, this one's for anyone who missed the exact same thread title and subject the first time around....

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I was 17, she was 24. Six-month fling while I also dated another young lass. Both were energetic.

As far as this site, I have no clue.

That is all.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow...exact same thread title. Freaky.

Anyway, as always, my first post here was about Chuck Culpepper. He'd just started at Newsday, I really liked his stuff and I was wondering where he'd worked before.

Twenty-nine thousand-odd posts later, here I am and Chuck is overseas. I am sure there is a connection.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I almost took that job a couple of years ago. Glad I didn't.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I don't care the purpose of the thread is, I'm going with the thread title and my expectation of said title.

First weekend in college, before classes started, my best friend -- and suitemate -- and I had about eight people from back home helping us move and such. His girlfriend was making fun of me saying I could never get laid if I didn't trim my nose hair...not that it was crazy long or anything.

I said, "fuck you, Jobu. I can get laid whenever I want." Later that night, we all go to some party and my group of friends meets a group of girls who are staying in the same dorm as us. We're all fucked up. I was drunk, on mushrooms, and took a form of acid called gel tabs...not to mention all the joints we smoked.

Night goes on, we all go back to my and my suitemate's rooms. There's like 12 people packed in a 10x12. People are passed out on the tile floor, but I'm in my bed. One of the chicks crawls in with me and we're kissing and shit. I say, "your lips would feel a lot better down there." She obliges.

I grab a condom and pull her gently back up -- she had braces, mind you -- slip on the condom and awkwardly go to work. The Master P song "Pushin' Inside You" was on the stereo. No shit, swear to god. I didn't even last the whole song...and it was like a three-minute song...and I was on all the above listed drugs.

She gets up and disappointedly walks to the bathroom. I sit up to throw the condom in the trash and one of my buddies is staring at me with the widest eyes you've ever seen. I just nod my head and lay back down...immediately falling asleep.

I wake up the next day and go rub it in my buddy's girlfriend's face. She was shocked. But, not as shocked as I when I found out she was just visiting her friends and had to go back to school...high school. She was about to be a junior.

I never knew her name, so she's always been referred to as Jane Doe.

Draft saved Draft deleted