1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is my distinction to have covered the three biggest routs in Super Bowl history: XX, XXII and XXIV. Combined score 143-30.

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I vaguely remember Super Bowl II, but my family didn't watch it because the Cowboys had lost. And I do remember the Ice Bowl right before that, because I asked my grandmom why all those people were smoking so much.

Super Bowl III I watched, but I didn't like the Jets because their uniforms were ugly. And I remember the bitching in the house because the Cowboys had choked against the Browns.

Same for Super Bowl IV. I went to a Lions Club with my dad to watch the Browns-Cowboys game on closed-circuit TV...that was before blackouts were able to be lifted. I remember Mike Clark missing a kick after the Cowboys scored late and how the guys still in the hall mocked the team. My dad rooted for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl because they were formerly the Texans and it was probably as close as he'd come to having a Super Bowl team of his own.

Super Bowl V I was totally into now that I had been indoctrinated. And when Dallas lost, I seriously thought the world was going to end.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Super Bowl XX. I remember watching that game and calling my cousin every five minutes to make sure he was still taping the game. I had an obsession starting then about having every Super Bowl on tape.

When I moved from Alabama back to Virginia 5 years ago, I threw them all away. No need for VHS!!!, I told myself, stupidly. I almost cried. I still might.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/xxvii.htm

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Wasn't 29 a bigger blowout than 22?

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Nope. It was only 23 points. But XXVII was.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Also, 18 was a 29-pointer.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was thinking 21.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The first one I remember watching was Super Bowl X, which was a few months after I watched my first World Series.

I remember being extremely disappointed when I asked my dad when the next game was and he told me it was next year. Up to that point I thought it was like baseball and they played a seven-game series.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Lots of old people around here. :)

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

#Geenius

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

XX.

All downhill from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted