1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first "favorite song"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Mar 13, 2017.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

KYA was in the 60's, in the early 70's I did switch over to KFRC and woke up to Dr. Donald D. Rose in the morning! I remember the others as well (when Billy Ocean had his first hit I wondered if it was the KFRC guy). Great memories.

maumann likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just saw this, and it gives me a chance to share one of my favorite strange little moments from working in TV.

20 years ago I was working at the ABC affiliate in Phoenix. Glen Campbell lived in town. He was booked to do a satellite interview for Australian TV, so he came to our studio to shoot it at seven in the morning. He sat by himself on a stool with a guitar alongside, sipping on coffee. I was alone in the studio with him, watching from the side. He put down the coffee, picked up the guitar and started singing "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy, ridin' out on a horse in a star spangled ro..." and then he yawned, glanced at his watch, put the guitar down, picked up the coffee and went back to waiting.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wut?

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Face Down Ass Up 2 Live Crew

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this tune as a kid as well; I watched his variety show. About 15 years ago wifey picked up his CD of greatest hits and I enjoyed revisiting Wichita Lineman, Rhinestone Cowboy and Gentle on My Mind.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Moving this thread to another level of "first" ... first favorite crush on a singer/musician that you remember.

There were several circa '82, '83, '84 with Madonna and Olivia Newton-John ... but Dale Bozio made 11-year-old Songbird look at females in a whole new way.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Easy. Claire Grogan. Singer for Altered Images.

[​IMG]

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, great voice too.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Deborah Harry, before I was old enough to know what a crush was.

Songbird likes this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Wendy O.Williams

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sigh.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Like BT Express, my favorite songs will always be favorite songs. My first: