1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your final Top 10 (expand to 25 if you wish)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fourth and 8, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god bless your perseverance, buck. god bless.

you have not wavered.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Buck, I'm no 'SC guy, but their only drops were in a game when their QB had a broken finger and at Oregon (with Dixon) with a backup QB.
    At the end of the season, they were better than either of those teams playing in New Orleans.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, Oregon played that game without its backup running back, three of its top four wideouts and a couple key players on defense. USC wasn't the only team banged up that day.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Only speaking what my eyes tell me, TP. I saw every minute of every USC game, save for Stanford. Their last two performances were their best of the season ... but, boy, were they unimpressive -- for a team that we are considering as a possible national champion -- through most of their schedule.

They're in my top 3 ... but a long way from No. 1.

EDIT: And fishy ... I'm not even talking about their losses. Hell, I didn't even see the Stanford game (fuck cheap workplaces that don't get Versus! :mad:) I'm talking about their weak, weak efforts at Washington and vs. Arizona, at Cal and vs. UCLA. While the latter two were bowl teams, none of them are very good and USC didn't play well against any of them.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, you've been preachin' that same thing since the middle of the year, hence the tip of the cap.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Buck -- LSU had TWO losses and looked pretty shitty playing a number of other teams -- like powerhouse Tulane, for instance. They are in no way an undisputed No. 1 and frankly I watched USC pound the shit out of a more athletic and quicker team in the Rose Bowl than LSU beat in the BCS game -- and let's not forget USC's opponent handed LSU's opponent their only loss.

I still say if you put a healthy rested USC team on a nuetral field right now with two weeks to prepare against any other team they win the game, and likely going away. They were the most talented team and they have the best coach.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Oz, without backup running back?
    Stewart ran the ball like 30 times in that game, in the spread offense?
    C'mon.
    Truth is, if Kansas played USC tomorrow, USC would beat Kansas by three touchdowns.
    And I don't give two shits about either team.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

more than/less than = 98.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the three guys who voted georgia no. 1
    scott wolf, l.a. daily news
    adam van brimmer, savannah morning news
    pete diprimio, fort wayne news

i believe van brimmer posts here from time to time, so perhaps instead of reading his mind, we can ask him...

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're still talking about this, hoops? I let it go two days ago.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I honestly would have had a really hard time deciding between the top three...

1. LSU
    2. USC
    3. Georgia
    4. West Virginia
    5. Missouri
    6. Ohio State
    7. Kansas
    8. Oklahoma'
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Tennessee

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i think it's a valid point... so may scott, adam and pete, whose votes you want to take away for disagreeing with you. why not hear their side as opposed to your reading of their mind?

Draft saved Draft deleted