1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your final Top 10 (expand to 25 if you wish)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fourth and 8, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Did Oz win both those spots, too?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm his bitch now. :-\

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

1. LSU
    T2. West-By-God
    T3. Southern Cal

This is really fucking difficult. I want to put Missouri at 4, but it didn't win the Big 12. I want to put Kansas at 4, but Missouri beat em H2H. And I can't put the Big 12 champ at 4, because it got blasted by WVU.

And where the fuck does Georgia, that wasn't even good enough to win its division go?

And is my No. 2 team really the team that was losing at home to dogass Pitt not that long ago?

Damn.

And I still think there should have been a split title. But whoever made the argument that you can't split it just to prove a point is close to convincing me I'm wrong.

4. Pennstate08

Pennstate08 New Member

1 - LSU
    2 - USC
    3 - Georgia
    4 - Ohio State
    5 - West Virginia
    6 - Kansas
    7 - Missouri
    8 - Oklahoma
    9 - Texas
    10 - Virginia Tech

5. Now, THAT is funny. They ran out of time. Give me a break. Missouri called off the dogs with a three touchdown lead in the fourth quarter. That game was never in doubt for them. Mizzou was nowhere near its heels at any point in that game.

My finals:

1. LSU
    2. Georgia
    3. USC
    4. West Virginia
    5. Missouri
    6. Kansas
    7. Ohio State
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Texas

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least he's a swell guy.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Called off the dogs?
    Gimme a fuckin' break. That reeks of fanboism.
    But then, if you were a fanboi, you would know that neither Mizzou nor Kansas has ever, or will ever, "call off the dogs" on each other.
    Sheesh.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Y'all? Is that a West Virginia thing?

9. Well, you can believe what you want, but watch how Missouri played offense the first three quarters then watch how they called plays in the fourth. Watch how they blitzed and varied defensive schemes in the first three quarters, then watch how they back off in the fourth quarter. You can believe what you want, but that game was never in doubt.

10. Why not Southern Cal at 2?

I can't help but think they would have beat Georgia in a bowl game.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm voting on who I think is the best team right now (i.e. healthy and rested) and thus who I think would win on a neutral field right now, not in the middle of the season when guys were hurt or whatever, right now with two weeks to prepare.....

under that criteria...

1. USC
    2. WVU
    3. LSU
    4. Georgia
    5. Missouri
    6. Kansas
    7. Ohio State
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Texas
    10. Virginia Tech

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That game was in doubt. KU trailed by only six and needed to make a stop. Twice Daniel killed them with a third-and-long conversion. If he doesn't complete one or both, KU might have had more than enough time to work down the field for a game-winning touchdown.

Re: fourth-quarter calls, Mizzou was not going to call off the dogs, not against KU, not with a chance to play in the Big 12 championship game, not with a chance to play in the BCS championship game. To say Mizzou called off the dogs is a lame excuse to cover the fact that KU finally found its game and outplayed them most of the final 15 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted