1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Single Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 25, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No. The Packers and Michigan were always my football teams, no matter where I've lived.

But I lived in Atlanta for a long time, and that was my baseball team. I'm not much for geographical fandom because I've moved around different places. (Plus, I was damned well NOT going to root for the Falcons or the Jackets in football. ::))

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Immaculate Reception

Reggie Jackson, three homers in three at-bats

Willis Reed limping onto the court

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Game 7 of the '91 NLCS wasn't too bad.

I like college football craziness, so I'll take any of the marathon overtime games Arkansas has been involved in, that crazy Auburn-LSU interception-fest in '94 (all LSU had to do was NOT THROW THE BALL), last year's national title game, '93 Sugar Bowl, the '05 Auburn-Georgia game (maybe the best college football game I've seen in five or six years) and Michigan State's incredible comeback/Northwestern's incredible bed-shitting this year.

Also, any of the Detroit-Chicago games leading up to Jordan and the Bulls' first title.

4. roxraidersfan

roxraidersfan Member

Sirs, Madames,

For your consideration.

May 12, 1986. St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary Flames, game six in the conference finals. Blues down 5-2 MIDWAY THROUGH the third period. The local hockey club plugs away and wins it 6-5 on a goal by Doug Wickenheiser (God rest his soul) in OT in the one true hockey miracle. I give you ... "The Monday Night Miracle!"

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2000 playoffs, Flyers vs. Pens. Hanging out on Fry Street and got just plowed while watching it in a bar. Went to pee and missed Primeaux's goal.

Draft saved Draft deleted