1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Single Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 25, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

1991 NFC Championship game, NYG 15, SF 13. Giants win improbable game with 5 FGs, and excellent team defense, stopping 49ers chance at three-peat.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Game 1, 1992 Stanley Cup Finals, Chicago at Pittsburgh. Mario Lemieux scores the game-winner with 12 seconds left to bring the Pens back from a 4-1 deficit. Pittsburgh swept the Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Duke-Kentucky....regional semis

Not a fan of either team.......just the best college basketball game ever played.

Fanboy edition: Game 7........85 World Series.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm assuming you mean the 1992 regional final in Philly.

That's a great game. So, too, was the Louisville-West Virginia regional final from 2004. Comeback for the ages.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm not 100 percent in love with this post ...

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I was at a party at a friend's apartment at Deep South State U. Amazing game. Believe it or not, I was the only one watching it. Truly an amazing game.

7. JSantelli

JSantelli New Member

There are so many Pens games to choose from, but I have to go with the Colts-Steelers AFC Divisional Game from last year's playoffs. I've never screamed as much in a single game as I did in that one.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Go crazy, folks!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

While I agree with 1991 WS game seven, I'd be remiss without pointing out that game six was easily as exciting.

Twins facing elimination, Puckett announces in the clubhouse that everyone can get on his back, because he's winning tonight's game.

Proceeds to smack the ball all over the yard and rob a Brave of extra bases against the Plexi in left center before hitting a hanging change from Charlie Liebrandt out of the yard in extras.

To which the immortal Jack Buck announced, "And we'll see you tomorrow night!"

That said, 2002 NCAA hockey final in St. Paul. Minnesota v. Maine.

Gophers score to tie the game in the final minute of regulation, then Grant Potulny bags the GW in overtime. Xcel Center crowd tears the roof off the place.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

11. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

We have a winner here. Thanks for playing, and please drive home safely.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The biggest fanboy games I've witnessed in person have been heartbreakers: Mizzou-Nebraska, 1997... never mind the illegal kick in the end zone... the refs disallowed a fairly obvious interceptiont that would've ended that drive somewhere near midfield. Though this was somewhat erased by the 2003 breakthrough..

And Chiefs-Colts... early January, 1996... about 2 degrees at kickoff... about 7-below when the game was over. Chiefs lose 10-7 to Jim fucking Harbaugh, confirming what Cleveland fans had known all along, and what San Diego fans will learn in a couple weeks... there's a reason Marty ain't been to a Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted