1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite NFL games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Obviously for me the three Super Bowl titles in the 90s for the Cowboys stand out but here are some others:

1992-93 NFC Championship: Cowboys shut the Niners up and get a measure of revenge for 1981 when Alvin Harper makes, in addition to an incredible leaping catch, the slant pattern catch that goes for 70+ yards and gets the Cowboys in position for the put-away score. The pass was actually supposed to go to Irvin, but he and Harper had switched sides before the play and the rest is history.

93 Cowboys at Giants - Emmitt Smith carries the Cowboys to the NFC East title with a separated shoulder.

Bounty Bowl 1 and 2: This is when I really understood what it was like to hate. And thus the Eagles became my all-time hated team.

Miami at Dallas Thanksgiving 1993: I remember turning on the game and thought they were showing the wrong stadium since it was covered in snow. From Kevin Williams' sliding celebration on one knee on a punt return to Leon Lett's gaffe that cost Dallas the game it was a roller coaster. I don't think I've ever seen a game that had me go from pissed (knowing Stoyanovich was going to hit that field goal), to elated (blocked field goal), to confused (What the hell just happened?), to pissed again when the field goal went through. And yes, I know it should've been a touchdown instead of a field goal.

And any game that I've been to at Texas Stadium, despite the Cowboys losing each of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted