1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Moment in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

my favorite moment was this, cause even at 10 years old, i knew this game was over once this took place:

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love those games where they reach a point where the final outcome really doesn't matter. Miami/San Diego; Colts/Raiders; That Astros/Phillies series in '80. Anytime I see the call to the post at Belmont with the TC on the line, just the anticipation gets to me.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Well, if we're gonna bring up personal stuff, there was this time when I was 9 and I drew a bases-loaded walk in the last inning of our Little League regular season finale to bring in the tying run. We went on to win in 8.

Then in my junior year in high school when I was the No. 3 swimmer on our team in the 500 free. Had a meet against one of our rivals and the two No. 1 swimmers were going at it mano-a-mano. With 75 yards left, the guy who was expected to beat me when it was doped out lifted his head oh-so-slightly to see the finish and I started my kick then. Surpried him, and we picked up a couple of points that helped win the meet. And to think that nowadays I don't even cover swim meets ...

Draft saved Draft deleted