1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Broadway Shows/Musicals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Avenue Q is great. Queen and I loved it. I sent the kids and their sig Os. They loved it.
    Now whenever someone in the family mentions something they did on the Internet, someone else always says, "But what you think they do aaafffttteeerrrrr?"

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

In a few years, Moddy, many of us may be singing, "Oh what do ya do, with a B.A. in English journalism?"

4. Moderator1

We'll join Gary Coleman and sell all our possessions on ebay.

Yesssssss I do.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's got to be 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch,' although I've never seen the live performance.
    I love the movie and listen to the soundtrack often.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would add 1776 to my list. One of SJ favs - Ken Howard played Thomsas Jefferson

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You forgot Mame. I know you loved Mame.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I do but not as much as the others. I would put Grease and Mame just a shade below the others on my list.

9. Moderator1

Speaking of Broadway **** Slater plays Zach! Mario Lopez making his debut in A Chorus Line.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/115610.html

The Queen and I saw the revival last summer. We were not overwhelmed.

10. baskethead

baskethead Member

Saw the Lion King and thought it was great. Went to see Jesus Christ Superstar late last year. It was a little startling seeing Ted Neeley still playing Jesus while pushing 60 but he could still handle the role, and the lead singer of Living Colour played Judas and was outstanding. I really want to see Avenue Q when it comes here later this year.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

1) Rent
    2) Les Miserables; saw it on Broadway when my band went to NYC to compete in a symphonic competition. Loved every minute of it.
    3) Hello, Dolly.
    4) Oklahoma
    5) Pippen
    6) Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. We did a choir tour with my church every year and I played a brother (most of the brothers were female). I also played the baker. Love this show with all my heart.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Jealous about the Mamet. I just finished Mamet's book "Bambi vs. Godzilla" (a Valentines Day gift from my consort) and freakin' loved it. If you love Mamet or just love movies, get this book.

Draft saved Draft deleted