1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Broadway Shows/Musicals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part of the title of the thread where I wrote: Your "favorite" shows/musicals?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're joking, but the serious answer is that I have several, actually. Most would rather go to a Red Sox game than "Rent." One worked on "Will & Grace," but even he'd rather go to an art museum than a musical.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

1. Les Miserables -- Saw it my freshman year in high school on Broadway when my band went to NYC/NJ for spring break. A bunch of us slept through the first 15 or so minutes of it because we were all dead tired from running around the city that day, but we all woke up during I Dreamed a Dream. That song is stuck in my mind to this day. I never thought I'd love a musical as much as I do Les Mis. The acting in it is amazing and the singing is even better.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can't believe little Mikey mentioned Say Good Night Gracie... absolutley hilarious and Gorshen was sensational.

Cabaret with Joel Grey was great. And I loved Rent
    More recently, Spamalot and The Producers.

Just went Sunday to see David Mamet's "November" with the incomparable Nathan Lane. Very funny show, especially for those of us who hate a certain bumbling presdent who, as Dylan Baker, as the President's counsel, tells President "Chuck" Smith "you've fucked up everything you've touched"

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

No sir. What made it one of my favorite musicals is the trip that my grandmother surprised me to go see it with seventh row middle tickets. Although the musical wasn't to die for in my mind, the time with my grandmother was and that makes it a damn good trip, which in turn makes it a fantastic musical because I was in my grandmother's presence.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As a Python fan, I wish I could have seen Spamalot. Saw The Producers, which I enjoyed, but it didn't have a successful run in Toronto.

A Chorus Line is coming here and I will be all over that.

7. maberger

maberger Member

we can put shows in too? wow ... i know what i'm doing the rest of the day

8. Rumpleforeskin

Let me add that I saw "Blue Man Group" off Broadway and loved it. It was close enough to Broadway that I would consider it on. You step outside and take one step to your right and you are on Broadway. It was on one of those corner places.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but don't Broadway, Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway refer to the size of the theater, not exactly what street on which it's located.

10. Rumpleforeskin

I think so, actually. But oh well. I saw the "Blue Man Group" near the road that is named Broadway.

Edit...From Wikipedia:

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Spamalot's a considerable disappointment. If you're a Python maniac, you're going to love it, no matter what, but for those not 100% sold on The Boys,
    it's a struggle . . . though a couple of the songs are hilarious.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, another thread could be started on Most Hated Famous Broadway Shows, but that's another topic for another day.

Draft saved Draft deleted