1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite absolutely disgusting snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Dec 30, 2020.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

One thing that always gets a cross-ways look from my family, but I maintain is freaking amazing, is a peanut butter sandwich, on fresh, soft white bread, with a layer of jalapeno Cheetos.

Perfect pairing of textures and spice. We don't keep jalapeno Cheetos in the house, because I'll eat it for every single meal.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Lime Kool Aid with strips of baloney in it.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

End of thread, and a chicken dinner.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nothing about what you wrote after pour a bowl of Cheerios sounded like someone anyone in their right mind should try. Now I do hate eggs with an unbridled passion, but I just can't wrap my head around that one.

Wenders likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Drops of Sriracha on anything.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The old man used to drizzle a little Drambuie on his porridge. He'd tell me it helped get Scotland through the war.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

GAHHHHHHH.

You should be arrested.

Also, I enjoy peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Uncooked rice. Not like a bowl full with a spoon. Sort of like taking a bit of dip into my lip and just suck on it for a bit. Then when the rice becomes less firm, I chew it.

lakefront likes this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

OK, Scout. I bought the ingredients today, and, as I said I would, I've tried your daughter's recipe.

When all else failed, I followed the directions, microwaving for 10 seconds after first trying it for 30 and turning the marshmallows into something akin to plastic. :)

Oops. But once I did as directed, the Ruffles-and-marshmallow sandwich did indeed turn out to be good!

I did it with the regular, original potato chips because I wanted to try it as advertised first, but I am still anxious to try this with the Cheddar -and-Sour Cream Ruffles. I think it might add some more flavor. (While eating your daughter's recipe, perhaps not surprisingly, I also started envisioning adding pieces of Hershey's chocolate to make, essentially, some Ruffles Smores).

PaperDoll and Scout like this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Naturally, the Ruffles-and-marshmallow sandwiches followed my urge -- which I also fulfilled -- for a couple of those Jack In The Box tacos I love so much. This thread really has been disgustingly good for me today.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

repped for real talk

FileNotFound and Wenders like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted