1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite absolutely disgusting snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I used to slice a raw onion, put a bit of cheese on it, microwave it for about 15 seconds then eat it.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've already had my yearly allotment. As soon as the sign says, "McRib is Back" I start looking for a day when my wife will be gone at supper time. I pick it up on my way home, kick back, and enjoy the blissful nastiness.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Snouts and assholes. That’s what’s in your McRib.

4. swingline

... I just threw up in my mouth a little.

You people are freaks.

Wenders likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Hargraves Potted Meat ... chock full of peckers and lips since 1937!

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Over the years of my membership here I’ve sometimes wondered, “I wonder what is the worst thing I’ve ever read on this site?” We’ve had people describing self-amputationa, we’ve had household disasters of many varieties, we’ve had horrific pop culture experiences...but now, with this very post, the question has been answered. Thank you for that, @Moderator1.

Moderator1 likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have never had a McRib. I also have never stepped foot in or partook of Chipotle. I am, I admit, overly proud of that.

lakefront likes this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I was like you for a long time, but work with a group of guys — several of them former Golden Arches workers — who raved about how good McRibs were.

So a couple years ago I tried one. The meat resembled the sole of a 1970s Chuck Taylor All-Star shoe, and all the sauce, pickles and semi-hydrated onions in the world couldn't make it taste good.

There are tasty items on the menu at McDonald's, but the McRib is not one of them.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I eagerly await your "holy shit YOU WERE RIGHT" post

TigerVols likes this.
  10. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Cottage cheese and BBQ chips are great. My darkest secret, one of them anyway, is my love of canned corn beef, Hereford Brand preferably, chilled a tiny bit then sliced and put in a sammy with Cheese Whiz and one leaf of Romaine lettuce. Just not on whole wheat or anything that might be good for you. Super yummy when you are major hungover. Wife calls it dog food but she eats peanut butter and sardine sandwiches. Revolting.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For many years, I used to drink Diet Coke and orange juice. I first gave up sugary juices and then sodas, but I liked it.

12. swingline

No Chipotle? What do you have against salmonella?

OscarMadison, wicked and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted