1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your fantasy team name

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's not as good as your original team name.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

This year's fantasy team is Paesano's. Last year was Top o' the Muffin. Two years ago was Pendant Publishing.

Seriously pondered Vick's Grooming and Kennels but stayed with the theme.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My favorite's are: The Donkey Punchers (baseball), Charles In Charge (baseball), Punky Power (football) and The Tanner Twisters (basketball).

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I have to:

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Football: Virginia Sacrifices, not sure what my second team will be named. Leaning towards Benoit Balls.

Baseball: Boston Poindexters, continuing a line of Futurama blernsball names (last year was the New New York Mets, next year the New New York Yankees).

Older team names of which I'm proud: Canned Ham Acolytes, Dallas Holes, Vestal Virginians, CGNU Dumples (Homestar Runner joke). All football teams; I can't come up with good basketball/hockey names. Pick set names to which I'm partial include Soph's Choice (NCAA tournament) and Obscene (NFL suicide pool, so named because Yahoo! said it would delete obscene names, so I'm going to see how literally they take it).

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Various names throughout the years:
    Football:
    Carolina Asshats
    Cincinnati Bow-Ties
    Damn Dirty Dutch
    Mutha Superior

Baseball:
    Meat Helmets
    Knuckle Children
    JUCO All-Stars
    Bang Gang Gang Bang
    Pittsburgh Pie Rats
    Ephedra? U Betcha!
    Beer Coasters
    Shorn Scrotes

Basketball:
    Shaq-Pu
    The Quasi-Evils

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's exactly where it's from. Up until this year, with the exception of The Donkey Punchers, every name I used paid homage to sitcom characters from Saved By The Bell, Full House, Punky Brewster, Seinfeld, Boy Meets World. ...

8. Songbird

I can't lie: I watched Punky.

I loved when Cherie's mom (grandma?), after Cherie wanted to do something, would go, "Nuh-uh, Cherie!"

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was a George Gaynes fan; still am. One of my favorite lines from the show was in the first couple episodes. It went something like this:

Betty (Cherie's grandma): The crime in this city is awful. I took my laundry down from the wire and someone wrote their name on my underwear.
    Henry: Their name? You could write a novel on them.

10. Songbird

Quality.

So how 'bout next year's team name: Cherie's Grandma's Novelistic Panties

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

Two Balls, No Strikes

12. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

During high school, I always used some derivation of Chief Wahoo's Warriors for my fantasy baseball teams. That was pretty stupid.

During the last few seasons, I came up with a names that made me pretty proud, especially as an avowed Cleveland fan boy.

Basketball: LeBron's Entourage (league champions, unlike the real LeBron).
    Baseball: Smokin' with Kaegel (a quiet tribute to Dick Kaegel, who has covered the Royals far too many seasons for any one man).
    Football: Wherefore Art Thou?

Also, Susie Garrett played Cherie Johnson's mother on "Punky Brewster," not her grandmother. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted