1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Faces of Death

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Mine sucks compared to TBF and TigerVols ...

Driving north on interstate just north of Tampa, after working all night, trying to get to Tallahassee to cover state basketball tournament. Had CDs scattered everywhere and windows wide open trying to stay awake. Apparently, I nodded off and awoke to being side-by-side with a minivan up against my passenger side. Spun THREE times -- from far left-hand lane to right-side shoulder without being hit by ANY oncoming traffic, and ended up about three feet off the shoulder in the grass. It took me a good 30 seconds to regain my bearings as the minivan driver pulled off. backed up and got out to check on me. He had a long scrape from my mirror down the length of his rig, but that was it. My car? Heck, it drove BETTER after spinning three times going 75 mph.

I felt like Danny Freaking Sullivan for the rest of that trip, pals.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted