1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your esoteric YouTube searches

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bikini contests.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vimeo category: It's A Bad Brains Christmas, Charlie Brown!

http://vimeo.com/user3341782/its-a-bad-brains-christmas-charlie-brown

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Beach Boys ... Fat Boys ... what could go wrong?

4. Baby trashes bar.
    Never gets old.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Usually we start off with videos from the 90s, but "gymnastics fail" kept us occupied for hours over the summer.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My mom was on a game show in the 1970s and won both a car (Chevy Vega) and a cruise (which she exchanged for an upgrade to a Nova and some cash). We never could get the tape of the episode and I've spent hours on You Tube trying to find it. It is scary how much stuff that there is out there. I've wasted hours watching episodes of shows like Pasword, Pyramid and To Tell the Truth.

7. Same here. Father in Law won both showcases from the price is right back in the early 70's. To buy the tape (if they can locate it were told) would cost on the north side of $300. Been searching youtube for a while.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

dog police video gets you this.

It was on Night Flight a few times.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

This band won some sort of MTV contest back in the day. The prize was getting a video made and played on MTV.

Awesome find.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A win for the band, a loss for MTV. And a search for Loverboy Queen of the Broken Hearts yields this other bit of MTV history.

Loverboy and MTV had a contest for someone to appear in this video. All were hoping for a babe to win, surely, but an ordinary-looking woman took the prize. Needless to say, blink and you'll miss her.

11. Cricket bloopers, as I enjoy the sport.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My mother in law was on Password in (I think) 1962. Her celebrity partner was E.G. Marshall. My wife and I used to record the Game Show Network all the time because they ran those old episodes late at night, and we got it. One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen. She was awful and still won.

That TiVo died years ago. Wish I'd transferred it to DVD. It was strange for my wife to see her mom on a game show several years before my wife was born.

Draft saved Draft deleted