1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your dream Home Run Derby?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

If you could choose two players that as hit over 500 home runs in their career to face each other in a home run derby who would those two players be? At which stadium would it be held at? Once again, you can choose any Major League Baseball stadium that you like.

For me it's Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, arguably the two players that could hit the ball further than anyone else. It would definitely be held at Tigers Stadium, we all know that Mantle as hit some moonshots there, and I can imagine Ruth would destroy some home runs in Right Field. My second stadium option would be AT&T Park.

I know some of you dislike my new threads, but I think this one could be loads of fun.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Stop, Ilmago, please, with these nonsensical "greatest" threads.
    It is approaching the point of stupidity.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hate these threads. It is like an online version of the Worst of Mike and Mike.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I dream of a Home Run Derby pitting Rafael Belliard against Mario Mendoza.

5. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I don't understand what's wrong with these type of threads, it creates great discussions. It's much better than some threads that are created here anyway. If people don't like them, they don't need to read/reply to them.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I would want to farther this discussion.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Um, further.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My dream home-run derby would feature spnited, swinging a 50-ounce bat and hitting one of those stuffed-rag balls from the turn of the last century. I think I'd make the pitcher BYH, submarining the pitches in there. The other contestants, in no particular order, would be Brook Jacoby, Eddie Gaedel, Felix Millan and Ralph Kiner, circa 1988.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

No, it has to be farther because Ilamgo used further to indicate distance.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Andie McDowell and Isabella Rossellini beating Chris Berman with bats as he shrieks 'Back, back, back, back!'

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Only if I can get someone to cover my shift at Wendy's.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know, I think Berman is the best actress of the three.

Draft saved Draft deleted