1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your dream assignment

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's a really great idea. I wish I spoke a second language fluently. That would open up so many different stories.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You could have covered Ozzie's press conference yesterday. [/doodah]

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Props

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

High school sports recruiting. It is getting to epidemic proportions in Mississppi, to the point where there was recently a highly-contentious court battle between the state association and one of the top girls basketball teams in the state over the eligibility of their star player (who had transfered from another school).

We are already talking about doing a feature on it this summer as it relates to our area, but I'd really like the freedom, as far as time and access, to travel all over the nation and really dig into it.

5. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Tennis was the one major sport I never covered, so I would love to write about the majors, especially Wimbledon and the Australian Open.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I'd like to follow the World of Outlaws around for a couple of months and focus on one driver's partial season. Probably not a huge name like Steve Kinser - maybe someone like Jason Sides who is very competitive without having a huge budget. There would be a ton of great stories about sprint car racing's place in the current sports landscape, the drivers and the crews.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not really *the* dream gig, but would love to be embedded with an NFL coaching staff for the 16 to 18 hours a day they spend planning a game.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Been there, done that (or how I spent my years in Roswell).

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know. I always like to get in a little old-school sj when I can.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And I'd get you the first beer when you pass through Williams Grove.

12. Songbird

Indeed, and that's why I like to return a little old-school sj love when I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted