1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your DC Madam Update

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 1, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

A different issue all together and already been addressed. And frankly, if prostitution were legal, there'd be far less exploitation because there'd be no need for a black market.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It wouldn't hurt spending a couple of thousands to get a ventilator and sticking it near smokers when they light up. I don't necessarily call it unsafe work environment. It's akin to me saying that I work in an unsafe environment because they don't have a nurse's office nearby when I go into insulin shock.

That's not a good comparison, but that's how it can appear to be.

3. zagoshe

Further, and this is another can of worms, there is little LEGITIMATE (i.e. not politically motivated) evidence that second hand smoke is as harmful as the left would like the world to believe.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

There's a lot of second-hand smoke in this prostitution thread.

5. zagoshe

Now see that shit is funny and I can laugh about it.

6. What, exactly, does the left gain politically out of the second-hand smoke argument?
    And explain to me why breathing in smoke that came from another person's lungs wouldn't have a negative effect on someone? You do agree that smoking is harmful, right?
    Do you think the smoker's lungs filter out all of the danger?

7. zagoshe

By weakening tobacco companies, the left weakens one of its opponents biggest supporters. I think those dots are easy to connect

8. Wow, that's pretty cynical.
    Democrats do take money from tobacco companies (though I wish they didn't).
    But much more importantly, do you really believe that the whole scientific community is faking experiments just to help the Dems?
    You probably do. You'll mention global warming as well, I suppose.
    Let me just say, you and I live in totally different worlds.
    I'd be willing to bet that in your world, Bush is the good guy and the scientists are the bad guys. I see it exactly opposite.

9. zagoshe

Um, that is where you are wrong, nowhere have I ever said, nor do I believe Bush is the good guy.

However, you are fairly accurate in your assessment of the scientific community having an agenda and it is clearly leftist.

10. Well, you're only half crazy.

11. zagoshe

I can live with that...... ;)

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

As hard as this is to believe, this is probably a good point. It would also cut out Pimp, Madams and all that unsightly business since a girl could work for herself. Furthermore, prostitution being illegal gives Johns more leeway to do bad things to the prostitutes because, they're betting they won't go to the cops. Make it leagal and recourse against bad Johns becomes easier.
    Lastly, it's also easier to protect against STDs, since government can regulate the industry and force girls to get regular checkups.
    Exploitation under legalized prostitution should, in theory, be way down.

Draft saved Draft deleted