1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your DC Madam Update

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 1, 2007.

1. According to ABC News, it seems Our Heroine put out regular newsletters to her employees regarding fashion, the DC night life etc. Here's a sample:

(H/t ABCnews.com)

"In a January 1994 newsletter, she wrote, "Congress is back in session. This always helps to boost business."
    In another edition, she complained, "That damn Monday night football...ruines [sic] business every single Monday night!"

Sports and News!

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Once again -- Can someone please explain why prostitution -- an act between consenting adults -- is illegal.

The only thing more absurd -- and un-American -- are these absurd government-mandated smoking bans in PRIVATE establishments.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good question.

Run for office with that platform.

And get about 8 percent of the vote.

Any other questions?

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

I have no problem with private establishments allowing smoking. I do have a problem with employees being forced into an unsafe work environment.

Please do not suggest that the employee has a choice to work in that establishment. Miners had "choice" as well to work in dangerous mines and factory workers did not choose poor ventilation. OSHA exists to protect workers and insure safe conditions. I am uncertain why OSHA doesn't take a proactive stance on smoking and workplace safety.

5. zagoshe

If you don't want to breathe smoke get another job.

That's what we do in America, regardless of how un-American some of you people want laws to become.

Further, most of the employees working at a bar smoke themselves.

Again, if I own a bar, I should be able to hire who I want and serve who I want, provided they are of legal age. That's the American way

6. zagoshe

Oh, so we're supposed to cater to the the fact that most Americans are clueless when it comes to civil liberties and what it means to live in a free society. I'm glad you told me.

7. BTExpress

You asked why.

I told you why.

If you want to spend the rest of your life convincing the voting public they're wrong so a candidate supporting legalized prostitution will get more than 8 percent of the vote . . . go right ahead.

That used to be the American way.

"We don't serve your kind . . . please leave."

[​IMG]

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because it's about the subjugation of women for profit. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

9. zagoshe

Oh that's right, because in a society full of transvestites, homo's and all other sorts of "alternative lifestyle" types women are the only ones who can be prostitutes.

That might be the dumbest shit I have ever read, though its predictable, given how ridiculous some of you are. The only thing that is mildly surprising is it wasn't Sportschick that gave us the sob story about women being exploited (to the tune of 200 per hour LOL)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And what percentage of those women actually receive the money? 25 percent? 50? Between pimps, madams and brothel managers, women don't really benefit from it. That's not counting the women who are forced into it through the underground sex trade.

I'm not even going to get into the rest of your post, since those other groups you mentioned likely don't even comprise 10 percent of prostitutes in this country.

Jesus, you have some serious woman issues.

11. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

What the Good Doctor said and may I pile on.

Having learned my civics after moving to the US, I may be wrong, but don't public accommodation and non discriminatory hiring laws exist for a reason?

12. BTExpress

Obviously you haven't met Yawn.

Which is odd, because you two are like a Dumb and Dumber tag team. He posts dumb political shit. You post dumb social shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted