1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your "Damn, I'm getting old" moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Alan Trubow

Alan Trubow New Member

I'm only 29, but the first time I turned around to Shhhh! somebody in a movie theater I realized I wasn't a kid anymore

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're lucky you didn't get punched in the face. Usually, I just stop at the half-turn.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My dad's partner went with him to watch some movie one night. There was a kid crying and he burst out with: "Get that kid out of here!"

Created quite the scene. But I'll be damned if that kid wasn't taken out of their lickety split!

And there's another "Damn, I'm getting old" moment. I just used lickety split!

4. Alan Trubow

Alan Trubow New Member

5. Flash

Flash Guest

The week before Thanksgiving 2007, been working with this crew for about six months. I made an 'I thought turkeys could fly comment.'

Only my boss knew what I was talking about.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My "old" moment came when one of my sisters became a freshman in high school and another is going to be a senior next year.

My youngest sister will start high school in two years.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dude, you're like what, 22?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hence the "" around old.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We should have planned a party together. Mine is Thursday.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

My first one was when I heard REM's The One I Love on the radio...CLASSIC ROCK RADIO!!!! That song came out in 1987, I was in high school. Sam with With or Without You by U2.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

-- Bought some lunch at Arby's, it seemed as though they didn't charge me enough. When I looked at the receipt, I got the Seniors discount on the soda.
    -- Players who I covered when they were high school now have kids who are in high school ... or college ... or pros.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, that happened to my grandma at Taco Bell on Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted