1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your "Damn, I'm getting old" moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When I went to see Pete Sampras play Robby Ginepri, and realized that Pete, whom I'd always fancied (look Brit slang :D), was no longer all that cute, but instead looked like a man in his 30s, complete with thinning hair. Still attractive, just not cute.

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

It's not yet 8 p.m., and I'm done for the night.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

whisker biscuit.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

When I drank three beers and ate three pounds of meat last Monday night and was all but down for the count. I'm good for a spot start now and then but I can't even go six innings anymore.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Good thing you're not on spnited's baseball team.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

At least you're not a Punch-and-Judy-hitting catcher who happens to have a high batting average. Then spnited would really hate you.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was seeing a 21-year-old blonde this summer and we were talking about sports injuries. She's telling us about some stitches she got after colliding heads with another girl and my friend asked when it happened. She says, "Well, I was 14, so I guess it was summer of 2001." I said, "I graduated college by then." That hurt.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, it was nice to see tripp's name in a member role.

it'd be nice to keep this thing going for a while.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I used to be able to really tear it up. But I suck now. My body wants the life of a monk, it will not play along.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Draft saved Draft deleted